Montréal - Radisson trip companion sought: 2-9 September '06

General discussion about the James Bay Road and region. Share your experiences and travel tips. Ask questions.

Moderator: admin

Montréal - Radisson trip companion sought: 2-9 September '06

Postby jamesbrownontheroad » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:53 am

I've cross-posted this with Craigslist Montréal Rideshare and the Lonely Planet Thorntree.

I'm planning to do a road trip from Montréal to Radisson, about 1,400km away at the end of the famous James Bay Road in northern Québec. The most likely date of departure is Saturday 1st September from Montréal, with one week to get there and back, stopping en route to camp and to make diversions off the main road to visit some of the native communities. I'm planning to visit the hydro dams etc in Radisson, and just generally escape civilisation for one week.

Unless you can provide one, the vehicle will be rented; due to provincial and hire company regs, you'll need to be over 25 if you want to share the driving. Total cost of car to be split to be between $300 and $400 depending on how much luxury we want plus gas. Non-smokers only.

I was originally planning on doing this trip solo, but would appreciate having someone to share costs and to share the experience. Please let me know the following to pre-qualify as a suitable road trip companion:

1) Why do you want to drive the James Bay Road?
2) What's been your best road trip and why?
3) What's your favourite place in Canada and why?
4) List five CDs you'd bring with you and explain their suitability.

Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions... thanks!
jamesbrownontheroad

Return to General Discussion